Yorkshire Vehicle Finance understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect the privacy of our clients.
We are committed to respecting, securing, and protecting your privacy and private data. We are also committed to being transparent about what we collect from you and how we use it.
This privacy notice, which covers your use of our services and our website, provides you with information about what personal data we collect, how we use your data, how we ensure your privacy is maintained, and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1. Who We Are
1.1. We are Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Limited. Our registered office address is 92 Baslow Road, Totley, Sheffield, S17 4DQ.
1.2. You can contact us by:
• Telephone – 0114 236 18 18
• Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post – Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Ltd, 92 Baslow Road, Totley, Sheffield, S17 4DQ.
2. Your Rights
2.1. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data; which this policy and our use of your data has been designed to uphold:
• Right to be informed – you have the right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do this by contacting us using the above details.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict our processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing (such as direct marketing).
2.2. If you have cause for complaint about our use of your data, or you would like to
exercise any of your rights, then please contact us using the details provided in
Section 1 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
2.3. If we are unable to help, or you aren’t satisfied with our response, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority – The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted:
• By post – The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
• By telephone – 0303 123 1113
• Via its website – www.ico.org.uk
3. What Data Do We Collect from You?
3.1. We collect some data automatically from you when you use our website. That information is:
• Your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version.
• Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
3.2. If you use the contact form on our website we will collect your name, email address and telephone number in addition to the automatically collected information above. We will also gather any comments you may wish to write.
3.3. If you become a client, apply for or enquire about a vehicle through us, then we will collect data directly from you. This data will be stored largely on our CRM system provided by Quotevine Limited – a secure cloud-based application and our own secure systems where necessary (these are managed and maintained by Cutler IT Limited). The data that we collect will be:
• Contact Details – Your name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial History – If you apply for vehicle finance we will collect information necessary to assess that application. This will include: Date Of Birth, Martial Status, Occupation & Employment History, Income & Expenditure Details, Residential Status, Bank Details, Driving Licence Details.
• Purchase & Appointment History – We store details of your previous and current vehicle purchases and preferences, including payment details.
4. How We Use Your Data
4.1. Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. Below are the reasons for which we process your data, and the legal basis we rely on. We explain what the legal basis means in the next section.
• Providing Vehicle Finance / Purchase: We will use your contact details, financial history details and previous history to provide our services to you. Our legal basis for this is contractual obligation (see below).
o Where you have applied for vehicle finance we will share your details with finance providers, who may undertake automated decision making. You will be made aware of this at the time of filling in a credit proposal.
• Answering Your Queries & Customer Support: We will use your email and contact details to answer your contact requests and queries. Our legal basis for doing so is legitimate interest.
• Keeping Our Website Running: providing and managing your access to our
website and services, personalising and tailoring your experience on our
website and services. Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest (see below).
• Marketing Purposes: We may send you emails, messages and advertisements about our services and content and keep in touch with you generally, but only with your agreement. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these. Our legal basis for doing that is consent (see below). We may also use tracking cookies (providing you agree to them on your web browser) to advertise to you using 3rd party marketing platforms. For example, Facebook Ads.
5. Legal Basis
5.1. We have identified a legal basis for each of our purposes in paragraph 4. This is what they mean:
5.2. Contractual Obligation:
• Processing your data is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
• You have given clear consent for you to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
• You can always withdraw your consent. You can do this by clicking on unsubscribe in any marketing email we send, or by getting in touch via the contact details in paragraph 1.
• If you withdraw your consent and we have no other legal basis for processing your data we will stop. If we do have another legal basis we will continue to do so, subject to your legal rights.
5.4. Legitimate Interest:
• Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. These legitimate interests are:
o gaining insights from your behaviour on our website
o delivering, developing and improving our service
o enabling us to enhance, customise or modify our services and comms
o enhancing data and physical security
o promoting our products, services and business.
o responding to customer enquiries, contact requests and promoting our services.
• In each case, these legitimate interests are only valid if they are not outweighed by your rights and interests.
• You can always object to our processing of your data based on legitimate interest. If you do so and we have no other legal basis for processing your data we will stop. If we do have another legal basis we will continue to do so, subject to your legal rights.
6. Storing and Sharing Your Data
6.1. Data security is very important to us and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard and secure your data which is collected via our website and in providing our services.
6.2. Our Data protection policy is inline with industry best practice. All of our paper files
are kept safe with physical security and destroyed in line with the retention
periods specified below.
6.3. We endeavour to keep all of your personal information in the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member States plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
6.4. In limited, and necessary, circumstances your information may be transferred outside of the EEA; this will only happen where it can’t be avoided. Where this does happen, we will put special protections in place. We will only move data to countries or organisations:
• Where the EU Commission has deemed their data protection measures to be adequate;
• Or under a contract which enforces the EU Commission approved “standard data protection clauses” which can be viewed at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm.
6.5. We will never sell or otherwise transfer or disclose your other personal data to any third party except:
• Where you have applied for vehicle finance or arranged a vehicle purchase through us we will disclose the minimum personal data necessary to finance providers, vehicle manufacturers and motor dealers – this is so we can provide the best service to you. We will tell you who we’re disclosing your data to.
• We may sometimes contract with trusted service providers to provide goods and services on our behalf. These are generally limited to providing email servers, IT services and payment processing. We may have to transfer your personal data to these companies, or your personal data may pass through them when you deal with us.
o Where we transfer your data to our trusted service providers we will have confirmed that they will apply data protection and security measures to the same standard we would. We will always impose contractual terms on all our providers to ensure your data remains secure.
o Generally, this would be Quotevine Limited – Our cloud-based CRM system provider, Cutler IT Limited – our IT services provider and Atticus Consultancy Limited – Our Website Developer. Their staff would only have access to personal data for maintenance requirements and we (Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Limited) have ensured that they have stringent data protection policies in place. These companies may use your data with third party applications, services and companies however this will always be encrypted, minimised and used solely to help us provide you with a better service. Any 3rd party data centre they choose will be ISO 27001 certified.
• In certain limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data – for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, or where we are complying with a court order, regulatory requirement, or government department with appropriate legal authority to compel us to do so.
7. How Long We Keep Your Data
7.1. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than it is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected and for our obligation under other laws.
7.2. We will keep client data for no longer than 8 years after the end of your last vehicle purchase arranged by us. Where you decide to not to complete a purchase with us we will keep your data for 6 years – so that we can efficiently resume providing a service if you return to us later.
7.3. At the end of that period your data will be either deleted completely or anonymised.
7.4. Exceptions to the above will be:
• Where you have exercised your right to have the information where it applies.
• Where the law requires us to keep your data for longer or delete it sooner.
• Where a legal claim is in progress – we’ll keep your data until that claim is concluded.
8. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
8.1. We may change this privacy notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our site. We recommend you check the privacy notice regularly to remain up to date.
Additional Information for Finance Applications
Some of our funders require us to give you additional information before you apply for credit with us. If you are unsure who the funder is, you must contact us immediately and not fill in a proposal form until you are certain who your funder is and you have read any relevant notices.
Who looks after your personal information
Your personal information will be held by Lex Autolease which is part of the Lloyds Banking Group. More information on the Group can be found at www.lloydsbankinggroup.com
Our full privacy notice
This privacy notice contains key information about how we will use and share your personal information and the rights you have in relation to this. If you want to know more please access our full privacy notice at https://www.lexautolease.co.uk/business/privacy or ask us for a copy.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
•To provide products and services, manage your relationship with us and comply with any laws or regulations we are subject to (for example the laws that prevent financial crime or the regulatory requirements governing the products we offer).
• For other purposes including improving our services, exercising our rights in relation to agreements and contracts and identifying products and services that may be of interest.
To support us with the above we analyse information we know about you and how you use our products and services, including some automated decision making. You can find out more about how we do this, and in what circumstances you can ask us to stop, in our full privacy notice.
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information will be shared within Lex Autolease Limited and other companies that provide services to you or us, so that we and any other companies in Lloyds Banking Group can look after your relationship with us. By sharing this information it enables us to better understand our customers’ needs, run accounts and policies, and provide products and services efficientl y.
This processing may include activities which take place outside of the European Economic Area. If this is the case we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. You can find out more about how we share your personal information with credit reference agencies below and can access more information about how else we share your information in our full privacy notice.
Where required we may pass your information to the manufacturer, supplying dealer or broker and all companies within the manufacturer, dealer group or broker for possible further business with you including marketing. We may also pass your information to agencies conducting market research and customer satisfaction research for us.
We may share your information with third party service providers in order to facilitate the delivery of other services related to your agreement with us such as daily rental, accident management, vehicle servicing maintenance and repair, replacement tyres and glass, breakdown and recovery, insurance and European travel.
We may share your information with third parties who contact us regarding the use of your vehicle including in connection with accidents, offences, fines including foreign fines, penalties, charges including congestion charges and private parking charges, and tolls.
We may pass information about you and your agreement to anyone we have appointed to help administer your agreement, to your credit insurer for administration, claims handling and fraud prevention (which could include passing it to other insurer s), to insurance companies or to recover amounts owing or to anyone to whom we transfer the agreement.
Where required by law or to comply with the terms of the agreement, we may share your information with the police or other law enforcement agencies.
Where required we may give an early settlement quotation to the supplying dealer or broker.
With your consent we may give an early settlement quotation to any other dealer or broker who asks us for one.
Where we collect your personal information from
We will collect personal information about you from a number of sources including:
• Information given to us by you on application forms, over the phone or through the device you use and when new services are requested.
• From your employer in cases where we have an agreement with them for the provision of company vehicles and/or ancillary fleet related services.
• From analysis of how you operate our products and services, including the frequency, nature, location, origin and recipients of any payments.
• From or through other organisations (for example card associations, credit reference agencies, insurance companies, retailers, social media and fraud prevention agencies).
• In certain circumstances we may also use information about health or criminal convictions but we will only do this where allowed by law or if you give us your consent.
You can find out more about where we collect personal information about you from in our full privacy notice.
Do you have to give us your personal information
We may be required by law, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have, to collect certain personal information.
Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay us fulfilling these obligations or performing services.
What rights you have over your personal information
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information including:
• The right to access the personal information we have about you. This includes information from application forms, statements, correspondence and call recordings.
• The right to get us to correct personal information that is wrong or incomplete.
• In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using or delete your personal information.
• From 25 May 2018 you will have the right to receive any personal information we have collected from you in an easily re-usable format when it’s processed on certain grounds, such as consent or for contractual reasons. You can also ask us to pass this information on to another organisation.
You can find out more about these rights and how you can exercise them in our full privacy notice.
Other individuals you have financial links with
We may also collect personal information about other individuals who you have a financial link with. This may include people who you have joint accounts or policies with such as your partner/spouse, dependents, beneficiaries or people you have commercial links to, for example other directors or officers of your company.
We will collect this information to assess any applications, provide the services requested and to carry out credit reference and fraud prevention checks. You can find out more about how we process personal information about individuals with whom you have a financial link in our full privacy notice.
How we use credit reference agencies
In order to process your application we may supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) including how you use our products and services and they will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and ensure the product is appropriate for you, confirm identity, manage your account effectively and where necessary trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity.
We may also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time, information on funds going into the account, the balance on the account and, if you borrow, details of your repayments or whether you repay in full and on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations, for example other organisations you ask to provide you with products and services. Your data will also be linked to the data of any joint applicants or other financial associates as explained above.
You can find out more about the identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, in our full privacy notice.
How we use fraud prevention agencies
The personal information we have collected from you and anyone you have a financial link with may be shared with fraud prevention agencies that will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found in our full privacy notice.
How we share personal information about insurance products
If you apply to us for insurance, we may pass your details to the relevant insurer and their agents. If we are accident managing your vehicle and a claim is made, any personal information given to us, or to the insurer, may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
Contact from your relationship manager and your marketing choices
Personal contact is an important part of the service and in certain parts of our business your relationship management team may contact you personally by mail, telephone, email or text message to inform you about products and services offered by Lex Autolease Limited and others that they think are relevant to you, based on their understanding of your needs.
In addition to the service you have asked for from your relationship management team above, we would like to keep you up to date on other suitable products, services and offers from Lex Autolease Limited. Please let us know how you would like to hear from us below. These choices won’t affect any necessary information we need to send you such as statements or the service you receive from your relationship management team and, don’t worry, you can change your mind and update your preferences at any time.
By saying yes you are giving consent for Lex Autolease Limited to use your personal information to send you information about relevant products, services and offers. Occasionally we will send you selected offers from other companies within Lloyds Banking Group that may be relevant to you.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions or require more information about how Lex Autolease Limited may use your personal information, please contact the Lloyds Banking Group Data Privacy Officer by calling 0344 755 0502 for Personal Contract Hire and 0800 389 3690 for Business Leasing.
(Lex Autolease Data Privacy: v1.1 26 July 2018)
Your information by will be used by Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Limited, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. When you apply for finance from a credit provider you must provide us with certain personal information which we will share with Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies as this is necessary to help us decide whether to offer you finance. If you do not provide it to us we may not be able to offer you finance. Your information will be used by us and these agencies as follows:
We will check records about you and others held by us and by Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies, for e.g. to assess your application for credit and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. The Credit Reference Agencies will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They will supply public information (e.g. information held on the electoral register) as well as shared credit and fraud prevention information. The Fraud Prevention Agencies will use your personal information to prevent fraud and moneylaundering and to verify your identity. If you advise us of a director, a spouse or a financial associate, we will link your records together. You must ensure that you have their agreement to disclose their information. Credit Reference Agencies also link your records together. The links will remain on your and their files until such a time as you or they successfully file for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies to break the link. If you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass on the information to Fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies, which may be publicly available sources. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or, in limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted by relevant data protection and privacy law.
We will also provide your information, and, if applicable, your business partners' information, to the following fraud prevention agencies to prevent or detect fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity, and your business partners' identity: National Hunter Limited, PO Box 4744, Stone, ST15 9FE, www.nhunter.co.uk; CIFAS, 6th Floor, Lynton House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT, www.cifas.org.uk. If you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information, including the names of the partners in your business, at the time of the fraud, to our Group Companies, fraud prevention agencies and other organisations such as law enforcement agencies involved in fraud prevention to detect, investigate and prevent crime. We do this as we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering.
When we use your personal information, we may be doing so to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate interests for e.g. to ensure that we provide the most appropriate offers of finance to you, to ensure that our services function correctly, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date. You have certain rights where we use automated decision-making tools to help us decide whether to offer you finance. You can find out more about this and your rights by accessing the privacy notice on our website (www.yvf.co.uk) or by asking the person assisting with your application for a copy.
This is a summary of how your data will be used when you apply for finance from us. If you would like full details about how your information will be used by us, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, including details of your rights in relation to your information, or contact details of the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies, please:
• Visit www.experian.co.uk/crain www.equifax.co.uk/crain or www.callcreditco.uk/crain or
• Visit Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Ltd website at www.yvf.co.uk or
• Write to Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Ltd, 92 Baslow Road, Sheffield, S17 4DQ
• Contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or phone 0114 2361818